Skip to main content

Hi FME Community,

We’re back with another question of the week! If you could only choose one hobby for the rest of your life, what would it be? Share in the comments below.

New to the Question of the Week? 

Every week, we’ll post a simple but thought-provoking question that could be about your FME journey, the power of spatial data, FME innovation, or the future of FME.

Each weekly question you answer earns you an entry in our monthly draw for exclusive Safe swag ($50 value) and points toward badges! Answer our October Questions of the Week by Thursday, October 31 at 5:00 pm PDT to be entered in this month’s draw.

Answer your first question and you’ll get the Socializer (Ice Breaker) badge. Answer five questions and you’ll get the Socializer (Talker) badge.

Hard to land on one but I would choose hiking! Though with the current weather in Vancouver, I may need a new hobby 🤣

Sleeping would be my forever hobby 🤣

That may be a wise choice @deanhowell 😆

Cartography. As nerdy as it seems, I love making maps and often will spend hours on the weekend putting a map together for no better reason than its fun (like the one below). If I wasn’t doing that, I’d be wandering around a virtual nuclear wasteland shooting things.

Oh, and travel… but then I’d come home and make a map of where I’d been so…..

That is indeed a difficult question, but if I have to choose, I would choose sailing.

I have to agree with Danielle here and pick hiking! I love all kinds of outdoor activities, but hiking kind of ties them all together. It is a great activity in itself but it also is the glue between camping, traveling, sightseeing, birding, climbing..

Kind of reminds me of some kind of integration software..

I guess running would be my one and only hobby then!