Solved

Send source data to FME server 2013 via post using REST

Badge
I have found the nice example of sending source data to fme server via post in this article:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/Send-Source-Data-to-FME-Server-with-HTTP-POST

I have tired

I have tried to use the rest interface of FME server 2013 instead, but this does not work. Is this not supported, or am I missing something?

Works: POST /fmejobsubmitter/<repository>/<workspace>?...

Error: POST /fmerest/repositories/<repository>/<workspace>/run.json?...
icon

Best answer by offermann 4 August 2014, 16:54

View original

3 replies

Badge
Hi Stefan

Did you try this one which is a POST

/transformations/commands/transactdata/< repository >/< workspace >

The API doc example is limited in size but I think the API itself does not have this limit.
Badge
Hi Ken, I tried that, but the error message says POST is not supported on FME Server 2013 SP3 Build 13528 Win32.

Request:

POST /fmerest/transformations/commands/transactdata/<repository>/<workspace>.fmw.json?token=<token> HTTP/1.1
 Reponse:

{   "serviceResponse": {     "requestURI:"/fmerest/transformations/commands/transactdata/<repository>/<workspace>.fmw",     "token": "",      "statusInfo": {        "message": "POST request is not supported."      }   } }

Badge
I also tried the REST interface v2 on FME Server 2014, no luck: POST request is not supported.

As a workaround, I use fmejobsubmitter and append query param opt_responseformat=json to get a json response which I can then further process in my client. 

POST /fmejobsubmitter/<repository>/<workspace>?opt_responseformat=json