Question

profile point creation

• 18 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

i want to generate profile point along the road both edges and paint lines inside the road edges , as shown in the picture , please suggest how to accomplish this , through out the road network.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Hello, the OffsetCurveGenerator might be able to help you: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-Transformers/Transformers/offsetcurvegenerator.htm 

Badge +12

Where do your height information come from? Are the lines (road edges, paint lines etc) 3D with Z-values on every vertex, or do the 3D information come from a DTM/DEM?

Badge +1

Where do your height information come from? Are the lines (road edges, paint lines etc) 3D with Z-values on every vertex, or do the 3D information come from a DTM/DEM?

hello jonas

all the lines are 3D lines , they have their own height, need to generate point long the element at a fixed interval. the generated point should take the value of Z at that location from the road/paintlines

Badge +12

The DistanceChopper will divide your lines into parts with equal lengths. Then you can extract the corodinates for the newly created vertices and turn them into point objects (and get the Z-values for labeling). 

If you rather want perpendicular profiles at a regular interval that doesn’t depend on where each line start, maybe have a look at this thread: 

Badge +1

The DistanceChopper will divide your lines into parts with equal lengths. Then you can extract the corodinates for the newly created vertices and turn them into point objects (and get the Z-values for labeling). 

If you rather want perpendicular profiles at a regular interval that doesn’t depend on where each line start, maybe have a look at this thread: 

hi Jonas thanks for your suggestion,

i wanted to create points perpendicular to the lines,i hope that the link you shared help me to accomplish the task 

thanks again