Question

MQTT and FME Flow (hosted)

• 18 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I’m interested in using MQTT connector to retrieve IOT messages and then publish to ArcGIS Online. I see there is a MQTT connector as an install.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-Transformers/Transformers/mqttconnector-pkg.htm

Can this connector also work with FME Flow (hosted)? I don’t have access to FME Flow at the moment but wanted to know if this is possible for use case above.

3 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

Publishing to ArcGIS online would work with the Linux-based Flow hosted. How would you be using the MQTT connector ? Would it be on a workspace, automation, schedule, streams ….?

Badge +1

Hello,

Thanks for the response. We are using the MQTT connector to read IOT sensor data that is being produced every 15 mins. We would need to do some data cleansing then publish results to ArcGIS Online for use in a dashboard. We are open to any methods that achieve this.

Badge +5

Hello,

MQTT Connector will work on FME flow-hosted. You can create an automation with a schedule trigger (or use a Schedule), rather than tie up an engine on Flow-hosted and poll via streams. The former would be more efficient.