Solved

Merge/Aggregate Data within FME

• 7 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hey guys,

I am trying to merge these two data sets and aggregate based on field names. Is there a way I could do this in one process without having to merge first then add a new reader and aggregate.

icon

Best answer by david_r 7 October 2016, 16:33

View original

6 replies

Badge +22

Yes you can absolutely add an aggregator to your process. Both feature types need to point to the same Aggregator transformer.

If your two input datasets are in the same format, you can even use a single reader with a merge filter set.
Badge

Yes you can absolutely add an aggregator to your process. Both feature types need to point to the same Aggregator transformer.

If your two input datasets are in the same format, you can even use a single reader with a merge filter set.

I belive they are are in the same format -- but they have different field name one is _overlaps the other is overlaps_ ... when i point them both to aggregate both overlap fields show up -- i feel like i need to merge those to fields before I aggregate just not sure how.
Userlevel 5

You can just use an AttributeRenamer (or AttributeCopier, etc) to e.g. rename "_overlaps" on DEI_ALL_2 to "OVERLAPS_" before sending both feature types into the Aggregator.

The important thing is that the Group By attribute must have the same name on all the features that enter the Aggregator.

Badge +22

I belive they are are in the same format -- but they have different field name one is _overlaps the other is overlaps_ ... when i point them both to aggregate both overlap fields show up -- i feel like i need to merge those to fields before I aggregate just not sure how.
What david_r said. Rename the overlap field so that it matches.

Badge

You can just use an AttributeRenamer (or AttributeCopier, etc) to e.g. rename "_overlaps" on DEI_ALL_2 to "OVERLAPS_" before sending both feature types into the Aggregator.

The important thing is that the Group By attribute must have the same name on all the features that enter the Aggregator.

awesome thank you guys!

I am working with verizon coverage data merging the carolinas and indiana data together into one shapefile displaying areas with lte coverage, no coverage and erratic. (if you were wondering)

thanks again!

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Or you can use the FeatureMerger transformer, merging attributes and geometry and set the resulting geometry to be an aggregate of both.