Skip to main content

I’ve been creating some workbenches that regularly update datasets on ArcGIS Online, but I’ve hit a small issue with the ArcGIS Online authentication within FME. It’s fine when I run the workbench, but if someone else runs the workspace they need to use their own AGOL account. I’ve added the workbench into an ArcGIS Pro toolbox as an ETL tool so it can be scheduled in Pro, so is there anyway to pass a persons ArcGIS Online account info from Pro to a FME workbench? Or force it to need a login prioir to running. 

I don’t think this will be possible to get the authentication from Pro and pass to FME.

I am assuming you are using a webconnection to do the authentication and depending on your users knowledge and setup, there may be other options in that space.

However, have you thought about taking a different approach and not using a Esri oauth2 webconnection and instead require users to pass in their username/password each time and utilise ArcGIS tokens (depending on what you are doing you might need a portal token and/or services token)