Question

Map Configuration button of Geometry Picker doesn't work (or show) in 'Full window mode'?

• 26 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

It seems to me that the Map Configuration window doesn't work (or show) anymore when using the Geometry Picker in 'Full window mode'.

I can also imagine that technically the window/menu does work/show, but is placed behind the 'full/expanded window' of the Geometry Picker, causing it not to be accessible/usable.

To be clear. What I'm talking about is this menu/window, which does work when using the Geometry Picker in 'Inline mode';

imageHowever, when I use the Geometry Picker in 'Full window mode', nothing seems to happen/show if I click on the Map Configuration button. E.g.;

imageAre others also experiencing this issue? Is this a known bug?

ps. I'm using FME Flow 2023.0.0.1 (b23288) on Linux.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

By Full Window Mode, do you mean the F11 Full Screen mode? Which browser are you using?

Badge +3

No, I just mean the 'large window view' for the 'Geometry Picker subwindow' or whatever you would like to call it.

The 'Geometry Picker (sub)window' basically has two views. Either as an Inline View as such;

imageOr as a separate, almost 'browser window filling' window, which looks like this;

Full_window_viewThis latter 'view mode' is what I meant with the 'Full window mode' or 'large window view'.

So for me, in this 'large window view' of the Geometry Picker subwindow, the 'Map Configuration' button (the cogwheel), doesn't appear to work (it doesn't open a (visible) menu...)

N.b. From both of these Geometry Picker view modes you can switch to the other by either using the 'Pop Out' button or the 'Inline' button in the top right (as indicated in the screenshots).

Do you have an FME Flow (formerly FME Server - version 2023+) installation in which you can check if you experience the same behaviour?

Regarding your browser question; I'm using Microsoft Edge (Version 115.0.1901.203).

Userlevel 3
Badge +19

Geometry picker has it issues in 2022 FME Community (safe.com) particularly where invalid geojson syntax was returned from server apps FMESERVER-19915 and when Geojson parameter type is used in Group Paramaters, where the workaround is to take it out of a group.

In the pop out view, I'm using windows 2023.0.2 fme server and the buttons are indeed there. Maybe its a linux issue... or the geometry type user parameter is a group and needs removing... until they fix the "NA" bug serverapp_drawbuttons 

Badge +3

Geometry picker has it issues in 2022 FME Community (safe.com) particularly where invalid geojson syntax was returned from server apps FMESERVER-19915 and when Geojson parameter type is used in Group Paramaters, where the workaround is to take it out of a group.

In the pop out view, I'm using windows 2023.0.2 fme server and the buttons are indeed there. Maybe its a linux issue... or the geometry type user parameter is a group and needs removing... until they fix the "NA" bug serverapp_drawbuttons 

Hi @jamesb16otterill​ , thanks for the response. I also came across these issues with the Geometry picker in FME Server 2022.

Regarding the Map Configuration button in the 'pop out view', I'm not asking/questioning whether the button is present, what I'm asking/questioning, is if you are in the 'pop out view' and you click on the Map Configuration button, if it results in any (visible) action. I.e. It should open a new window, where you can configure the basemap url (WMTS) and the nominatim URL.

For me this 'Map Configuration' window only opens (or shows) in the Inline view, and not in the 'Pop Out' view.