Skip to main content
hello! I am very new to FME and I want to create a real-time or near real time dashboard using the FME tool. I could not find any tutorials to help me. can anyone help?

Hey, dashboards are just html/js pages so they can display any information you want.

Are you wanting to have an fme process run and display the results on a dashboard?

Hey, dashboards are just html/js pages so they can display any information you want.

Are you wanting to have an fme process run and display the results on a dashboard?

I was advised to use FME ans it is only a tool instead of complex codes. I want to display the results on a dashboard in ArcGis online.

I was advised to use FME ans it is only a tool instead of complex codes. I want to display the results on a dashboard in ArcGis online.

Right, so you're wanting to process some data and then display the results on an AGOL dashboard.

You'll need to build a process that will process your required data, then write it to an AGOL Feature Service that is then read by the dashboard

Exactly! That's exactly what I want​ but because I am new to FME I have no idea how to build the data processor. Would yoi have some tutorials or suggestions?

Thats a pretty open ended question - especially not know what the input data is and how you're wanting to configure the dashboard.

You're going to need to make use of this writer to get the data into agol

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/arcgisonlinefeatures/arcgisonlinefeatures.htm

Hello @hkingsbury​ ! sorry for my late reply. I checked your link and I was wondering if we can exchange emails and I can tell you more in details about the results and the data I have. It would really be great if you can help me.

Yep, send me an email at hamish.kingsbury@abley.com