Skip to main content

I have amended the FME_SHAREDRESOURCED_DATA directory to E:/FMEServerShare//resources/data/ which was previously set to the default location in ProgramData.

In the workbench I have a HTTPCaller that drops the file downloaded to $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)\\Geodesys\\.... HTTPCAllerChecking the fmesharedresource.log file and I can see that the correct directory is being references;

Tue-02-Feb-2021 12:29:26.743 PM  INFORM  main  408602 : Configured Shared Resource Type: FILE | Name: FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA | Display Name: Data | Description: This shared resource is the Server data directory | Migratable: true | Directory: E:/FMEServerShare//resources/data/

However, and here's the really confusing part (for me). When I run the workbench on FMEServer, the log file displays `--FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA' `C:/ProgramData/Safe Software/FME Server//resources/data/'

I have restarted FMEServer using the restart functionality, I've also stopped FMServer, checked that all the services have stopped in task manager and then started them all.

I've re-uploaded the workbench as well and still it's storing the downloaded file in the default path.

Do you guys have any ideas why this might not be correctly referencing?

Hi @dbryantgeo​ 

I'm not sure how you amended FME_SHAREDRESOURCED_DATA, but to change this location away from the default to your E drive you would need to re-install FME Server:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Moving-System%20Share-to-Another-Machine.htm

If you do decide to do this, take a back up of your FME Server to restore once it's been re-installed with the new system share location.

If you've partially tried to change the resource location for FME Server, I would recommend reverting those changes to avoid adverse behaviour.

Alternatively you could try Example 4 in this article.

Just to add - this Parameter (FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA) should not be modified as it must point to the FME Server System Share Data folder location. I believe you are most likely after Example 4 as Jen has pointed out.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your answers, I should've closed this question down as I'd had similar warnings from our FME Support provider and have gone down the route identified here - https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080heoBSAQ/when-i-create-an-fme-server-resource-connection-how-can-i-work-with-this-in-fme-desktop