Question

FME Server output

• 22 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

What would cause an FME Server job to successfully complete with no errors, but not create the expected output? In this workbench I have specified to write a file GDB to a zipped folder, which works as expected when running from Desktop. The log file from FME Server shows that 500k features were written as expected, but the file is not present in the output folder. I'm running this with the Job Submitter Service.

I originally thought it was a permissions issue, but that does not seem to be the case since I didn't receive an error.

3 replies

Badge +10

is it possible that it's writing to a location on the machine where fme server is installed? it sounds like it might be writing successfully, but to a location you're not expecting it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I don't think so. The log file states that it's writing to the correct location. (attached)

Badge +10

I don't think so. The log file states that it's writing to the correct location. (attached)

it looks like it skipped writing some files because they already exist. could this be the issue?

Skipped adding of some files to zip file 'VegMgmt_BGE_20220922.zip' because they already exist