Skip to main content

I've written an FME Server app that uses the ZipExtrator transformer. I've set the Source Zip File as a user parameter so when it is run, the user is prompted to select the file they want to upload. Once the user has selected their file and kicked off the file upload, I've noticed that when the file upload progress bar has reached 100%, the upload process hasn't actually finshed.

If I inspect the network traffic in the browser dev tools, the HTTP request for the file upload process does not complete until several seconds after the file upload progress bar shows 100%. If the user clicks OK before the HTTP request has finished, then the job fails. If the user waits until the HTTP request has finished then click OK, the job runs successfully.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? I've upvoted this idea which is similar to this, but this seems to me like a bug and not an enhancement.

I'm running FME Desktop 2021.2 and FME Server 2021.2.

Hi @oihdosj​ ,

Thank you for bringing this up. I'll create a ticket to see if we can make this process better. If you can share some background it may help with my testing. Details such as architecture: distributed vs express, size of the host machine, use of the machine, are there other applications installed on the machine, what format is the data in, and operating system, would all be helpful.

Hi @oihdosj​ ,

Thank you for bringing this up. I'll create a ticket to see if we can make this process better. If you can share some background it may help with my testing. Details such as architecture: distributed vs express, size of the host machine, use of the machine, are there other applications installed on the machine, what format is the data in, and operating system, would all be helpful.

Hi @richardatsafe​. Thanks for picking this up. In answer to your questions:

• distributed vs express: Distributed / Fault Tolerant
  • size of the host machine: Engine VM: Standard_D4s_v3; Core VM: Standard_D2s_v3
  • use of the machine: low usage
  • are there other applications installed on the machine: no
  • what format is the data in: uploaded files are zip files containing shp and fgdb
  • operating system: Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Gen 2

When the process fails I see this in the logs:

error imageIf I use the exact same file, and wait 5-10 seconds after the file upload progress counter shows 100%, and then click "OK". it works fine.