Skip to main content

Hi everybody,

On FME Server, by means of Notifications (classic), I am trying to configure the Subscription "JobSubmitter_Email_JobSuccess" so that, when ANY workspace is run sucessfully on FME Server, I receive the job log as an attachment in an email message. The email message itself arrives to my email account, meaning that my TOPIC and SUBSCRIPTION are correctly configured. But the attachment does not come along.

Following the inscructions on https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/ReferenceManual/About_Log_Files.htm#FME

I am trying to insert the expression

<LogDir>\\engine\\current|old\\jobs\\<number>\\job_<value>.log

in the "Email Attachment  (optional)" field.

I am therefore trying to adapt it to $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_LOG)/engine/current/jobs/<number>/job_{id}.log

The problem is that <number> is not a defined folder, and I cannot find a way to replace it with a valid alternative.

I already tried:

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_LOG)/engine/current/jobs/*/job_{id}.log

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_LOG)/engine/current/jobs/../job_{id}.log

{logFullPath} (only the keyword)

{log Url} (only the keyword)

{logHome}/{LogFileName} (keywords combined)

But so far nothing has worked. I can only recieve an actual attachment if I manually select and therefore hard code an existing log file, such as:

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_LOG)/engine/current/jobs/102000/job_102999.log

Any ideas on how to tackle this problem? I would appreciate any help very much!

Greetings,

Denis Giannelli

I think the format of the <number> folder is the job number rounded down to the nearest 1000. So in your example, 102999 rounds to 102000, 103321 will round to 103000