Skip to main content

I have been building a server app that writes out an HTML that I was planning on streaming back to users. I was also planning on using an Emailer after this so was going to use a FeatureWriter with HTML output. However, I am finding that when I use a FeatureWriter for the HTML output, FME Server uses the data download service, not data streaming. But when I write the HTML out to a normal writer, the data streaming service works fine and the HTML page opens on it's own. Everything else is the same in the workspace and during publishing (with the exception of the included writers in stream, as it should be different).

Has anyone else come across this? Is this a bug?

I'm running 2020.0.2.1 Build 20238.

Hi @drc43​ ,

This was a known issue with the FeatureWriter and the Data Streaming Service. The result was returned as a download because the MIME type was not being detected and this is necessary for us to determine whether the file can be rendered in the browser. This issue was fixed for FME Server 2020.1 but unfortunately there is no workaround.

Hi @drc43​ ,

This was a known issue with the FeatureWriter and the Data Streaming Service. The result was returned as a download because the MIME type was not being detected and this is necessary for us to determine whether the file can be rendered in the browser. This issue was fixed for FME Server 2020.1 but unfortunately there is no workaround.

Okay, thanks @hollyatsafe​.

I think for this application, I can live with the HTML writer and Emailer working at the same time, as opposed to one after the other. So that's kind of a workaround. I'll keep an eye out for this when we upgrade to 2020.1. Thanks!