Solved

Controlling zip file hierarchy with Data Download/Data Streaming with multiple writers

• 27 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

I have a (FME Form 2023.0) workbench that generates three Excel files, where running locally via FME Form gets me a zip with this structure:

• my_data_$(TODAY).zip
    • foo_$(TODAY).xlsx
    • bar_$(TODAY).xlsx
    • baz_$(TODAY).xlsx

All three XLSX files are generated by three separate writers and have very distinct structures and different template files.

When I publish the workbench to FME Flow and try running it with the DataDownload or Data Streaming services, however, I get a completely mangled zip file with this structure instead

• Output8719176120317945288.zip
    • XLSXW_1
      • foo_.xlsx
    • XLSXW_2
      • bar_.xlsx
    • XLSXW_4
      • baz_.xlsx

It seems like both services ignore whatever path the readers are configured to write to, and instead use a XLSXW_1_DATASET override that gets set by FME Flow, whose value seems to be $(FME_SERVER_DEST_DIR)/MULTI_WRITER_KEYWORD{0} with the file name appended at the end, without parameter expansion.

Is there anything I can do to control the file structure inside that generated zip file, or perhape have all 3 writers write to the same zip file and point Data Download to that one instead of generating one from the writers?

icon

Best answer by churchfraser 28 September 2023, 02:22

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi,

If you look at the top answer in this question, you will see how to configure the Data Download or Data Streaming services. This allows you to change the file path of the output, removing the top level folder as needed.

image The resulting download then looks like this:

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hi,

If you look at the top answer in this question, you will see how to configure the Data Download or Data Streaming services. This allows you to change the file path of the output, removing the top level folder as needed.

image The resulting download then looks like this:

Ah, I see. DataDownload has that option, but not DataStreaming, and since that setting is hidden behind the "More" option of the DataDownload service, I hadn't noticed that it was there, or that there even was a difference between the two.

Thank you for your answer.