Question

Can I display features on the map based AOI selector in an FME server app?

• 4 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a workflow that allows the user to select their desired market as an AOI for a server app. See this example for what I'm referring to and how this is deployed. https://engage.safe.com/demos/map-based-data-distribution-fme-server-apps/

The workflow works just fine, but does FME server have the functionality to display features on the map when the user selects the AOI? This would help when defining the area somewhat and give the user more context to what they are selecting.

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi @daniel.m.getz​ , this is not possible using FME Flow (Server) apps. The geometry parameter isn't connected to a datasource and FME Flow doesn't serve web maps. A simple, albeit not ideal solution, could be to add a link in the app description to a web map showing features for reference that opens in a new tab (for example, in ArcGIS Online). You could also potentially create a custom web app (outside of FME) that allows the user to select geometry from a map showing features and then passes the geojson to FME Flow to run the translation via a webhook or the FME Flow API.