Solved

Using DateTimeStamper with FeatureWriter

• 31 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Is there any easy way to add a date stamp to output file names when using the FeatureWriter? I am outputting Excel files that have multiple tabs with multiple separate inputs, from multiple data sources. The only way I could figure out how to do this without the FeatureWriter splitting up the different feature types into separate files is to add the DateTimeStamper to each data source, make sure it is kept all through the Workspace, and then take off the _timestamp attribute from each Feature Type in the Attribute list on the FeatureWriter. What a pain! Surely there is a better way? I tried to create a User Parameter, but it did not work. Any hints on this?

Thanks,

-L

icon

Best answer by larue 31 December 2023, 23:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

I use a python scripted parameter to do this. On mobile right now so no samples, but I have answered this question before on the forum.

Badge +5

I use a python scripted parameter to do this. On mobile right now so no samples, but I have answered this question before on the forum.

Ok, I'll check the forums...again. Do recall what the post was?

Thanks,

-L

Badge +5

Found it!

Very slick, I had never used a script as User Parameter before. Thanks and Happy New Year @nielsgerrits​ !

-@larue​ 

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Found it!

Very slick, I had never used a script as User Parameter before. Thanks and Happy New Year @nielsgerrits​ !

-@larue​ 

Cheers and happy newyear!