Question

Hi there, I would like to know know about SSO implementation, we have ~30 workspaces running on the server, and for SSO implementation, we have to create separate service accounts?

• 15 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

we have different workspaces (api, emails,xml and etc)

3 replies

Badge +5

SSO stands for Single Sign On. whic means you can set up Authentication for your users with the same login they use for their own computer. If your on windows AD is a common way to set up SSO. More and more is migrating to Azure AD, which is a Microsoft cloud based AD. Azure ad can aslo be configure as A saml service which is the open standard used by many authentication services. After you have configure SSO you only need to import users and give them roles. Its your users that creates and publishes workspaces to FME Flow. There is no upper limit for how many users your allowed to import. And thats a great thing with FME! You only need 1 service account which talks with your SSO.

Badge +2

SSO stands for Single Sign On. whic means you can set up Authentication for your users with the same login they use for their own computer. If your on windows AD is a common way to set up SSO. More and more is migrating to Azure AD, which is a Microsoft cloud based AD. Azure ad can aslo be configure as A saml service which is the open standard used by many authentication services. After you have configure SSO you only need to import users and give them roles. Its your users that creates and publishes workspaces to FME Flow. There is no upper limit for how many users your allowed to import. And thats a great thing with FME! You only need 1 service account which talks with your SSO.

Hi @Paal Pedersen​ ,

thanks for reply, as i mentioned we have ~30 workspaces which have 20 inbuilt fme users to run tasks. Can you please advise should these 20 fme users be created in AD as service accounts?

Badge +5

Hi @Paal Pedersen​ ,

thanks for reply, as i mentioned we have ~30 workspaces which have 20 inbuilt fme users to run tasks. Can you please advise should these 20 fme users be created in AD as service accounts?

No you only need 1 service account. But they need to have normal accounts in your ad. You must remember to import each user that you want to give permission to run or administer your FME Flow.