Question

FME cached values won't show up when trying to import into a transformer.

• 22 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I'm attempting to read in address points from a shapefile and filter them by the "County" attribute field. I'm using the AttributeFilter and trying to import all the values to route the points to their respective ports. When I try to import the values in the transformer, the only value showing up is that of the first feature. Not all of them. When I attach a second attribute filter, all the values show up. I guess I can go about the workflow doing it this way, but it seems like all the values should be showing up in the first attribute filter. Any suggestions?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +27

My first thought, is your workspace setup dynamically? Also what version of FME are you using? I can't replicate the issue in FME 2023 build 23332, no matter if the reader is dynamic or static.

Badge +2

My first thought, is your workspace setup dynamically? Also what version of FME are you using? I can't replicate the issue in FME 2023 build 23332, no matter if the reader is dynamic or static.

It's not dynamic - at least I don't think it is. I'm just reading one shapefile using FME 2023.1.0.0. I've added a couple of photos for context of what's occurring. The first photo is what attribute values show up in the Import Wizard for AttributeFilter_1 and the second photo shows what values show up in the import wizard for AttributeFilter_2. It's actually taking me 3 iterations of using AttributeFilter to get all the values to output to a port. Attached is the workflow and the address point data I'm attempting to filter.

AttributeFilter_1AttributeFilter_2

Userlevel 3
Badge +27

Definitely an odd issue. I'm getting the same results. Sometimes it can be weird attribute values that cause this type of bug. You have 4 with missing attributes, and 1 with a multi-line value. I filtered both out and still no luck. I might consider opening this as a support case with FME.

Badge +2

Hey Dustin, thank you for looking into this and I'm glad to hear it's not just me experiencing this problem. I too tried filtering out those odd attribute values, but couldn't get the results I was hoping for. I would greatly appreciate hearing about any additional information you learn from this if opened as a support case with FME! Thank you again!

Userlevel 3
Badge +27

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I was suggesting that you submit a case.😁 It's at the top of page, under Support > Submit A Case.

Badge +2

Whoops, my fault! I had that thought to myself but wasn't quite sure if that's what you meant. I will absolutely do that. Thanks again for the help.