Question

FME cached values won't show up when trying to import into a transformer.

• 22 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I'm attempting to read in address points from a shapefile and filter them by the "County" attribute field. I'm using the AttributeFilter and trying to import all the values to route the points to their respective ports. When I try to import the values in the transformer, the only value showing up is that of the first feature. Not all of them. When I attach a second attribute filter, all the values show up. I guess I can go about the workflow doing it this way, but it seems like all the values should be showing up in the first attribute filter. Any suggestions?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

My first thought, is your workspace setup dynamically? Also what version of FME are you using? I can't replicate the issue in FME 2023 build 23332, no matter if the reader is dynamic or static.

My first thought, is your workspace setup dynamically? Also what version of FME are you using? I can't replicate the issue in FME 2023 build 23332, no matter if the reader is dynamic or static.

It's not dynamic - at least I don't think it is. I'm just reading one shapefile using FME 2023.1.0.0. I've added a couple of photos for context of what's occurring. The first photo is what attribute values show up in the Import Wizard for AttributeFilter_1 and the second photo shows what values show up in the import wizard for AttributeFilter_2. It's actually taking me 3 iterations of using AttributeFilter to get all the values to output to a port. Attached is the workflow and the address point data I'm attempting to filter.

AttributeFilter_1AttributeFilter_2

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Definitely an odd issue. I'm getting the same results. Sometimes it can be weird attribute values that cause this type of bug. You have 4 with missing attributes, and 1 with a multi-line value. I filtered both out and still no luck. I might consider opening this as a support case with FME.

Hey Dustin, thank you for looking into this and I'm glad to hear it's not just me experiencing this problem. I too tried filtering out those odd attribute values, but couldn't get the results I was hoping for. I would greatly appreciate hearing about any additional information you learn from this if opened as a support case with FME! Thank you again!

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I was suggesting that you submit a case.😁 It's at the top of page, under Support > Submit A Case.

Whoops, my fault! I had that thought to myself but wasn't quite sure if that's what you meant. I will absolutely do that. Thanks again for the help.