Solved

FME Flow Hosted with on prem Remote engine

• 5 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to use FME Flow Hosted with a Remote engine located on an internal network.

Thinking that this configuration would minimise FME Flow core maintenance, Simplify firewall rules, provide access to internal network resources like file system shares and databases...

If it is possible, is there any documentation on how to setup this configuration.

Cheers,

e.

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 5 July 2023, 13:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I haven't tried this, but I don't think this is going to be possible with FME Flow Hosted. That's very much locked down. However, an FME Flow installed in a cloud of your choice with a remote engine in your internal network should work.

That engine should be able to talk to the core though so you're still having to configure firewall rules!

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

I would also love this. This is definitely a downside to FME Flow Hosted. If I were going to do it again I would definitely set up our own could machine. Standard licenses are more expensive, however, with CPU Usage based engines I think you can make it a good option. Setting up your own FME Flow give you much more flexibility.

I guess the licensing model is a little tricky. With FME Flow hosted you get unlimited engines but you're restricted to just one machine. If they opened up CPU based engines for FME Flow Hosted on other machines that would be nice.

It seems like FME Flow Hosted business model hasn't really caught up to the new features of FME 2023.

Thanks ppl,

Was hoping to get away with Hosted maintaining the core while still being able to access internal resources... Looks like it will have to be old school internal Flow server through a proxy.