Question

Download Web Connection from FME Hosted

• 8 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, I recently switched FME Flow Desktop to a new machine and missed exporting my web connections. Is there a way to download them from FME Hosted?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hi john, probably the easiest way to migrate connections is to go to the old machine and in the fme options db/web connections you can select connections and right click > export them as xml (placing an additional password to encrypt the .enc output). Then on the new machine, import them

There are other methods, including fme defaults to a connection store ttps://community.safe.com/s/article/making-database-and-web-connections-public

Badge

Hi john, probably the easiest way to migrate connections is to go to the old machine and in the fme options db/web connections you can select connections and right click > export them as xml (placing an additional password to encrypt the .enc output). Then on the new machine, import them

There are other methods, including fme defaults to a connection store ttps://community.safe.com/s/article/making-database-and-web-connections-public

I missed mentioning that my old machine was wiped, hence the need to download them from the server. Not a problem to rebuild them, but definitely takes some time.