Skip to main content

We are in the process of setting up our production environment.  I have enabled version control in Dev and have been committing/pushing my workbench edits to our external GIS repository.  I have connected our production environment to the same repository, but Fetch doesn’t pull down the workbenches.  Is that normal behavior, as is that user-error?  I know I can make a Project file and move them, but was wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

Hi 

Version Control in FME flow does work like this I am afraid. It is not integrated to that depth. When you fetch you are pulling down the history of workspaces and updating an internal FME database tables that holds GIT history details. There is no interactions with internal database tables that hold information such as parameters and parameter values, etc. 

For moving between environments, both Projects and Deployment parameters are very useful starts in moving between environments, and then there is more under the constant progression to CI/CD https://support.safe.com/hc/en-us/articles/25407510327437-Getting-Started-With-CI-CD-DevOps