Skip to main content

Hello,

In my case there a a feature reader, then some tranformators for removing some attributes and adjusting fanout expression and then gml writer.

Why fme saves some partial results to ffs even if there is a lot of free memory? I think that it takes a lot of time causing performance impact.

part of log:

2019-05-28 12:07:33|1909.9|  0.0|STATS |Storing feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\Temp\2\no-conn-ffs-1559036060497_7200_14.ffs'
2019-05-28 12:10:00|2055.8|145.9|STATS |Stored 1009731 feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\Temp\2\no-conn-ffs-1559036060497_7200_14.ffs'

What is the data source of the FeatureReader? Is it maybe a zip file or a URL?

What is the data source of the FeatureReader? Is it maybe a zip file or a URL?

It is postgis

I'm suspecting the writing of ffs files is due to the fanout. To verify, try disabling the fanout and see if the ffs files are still being created.

I'm suspecting the writing of ffs files is due to the fanout. To verify, try disabling the fanout and see if the ffs files are still being created.

Hello, yes it is possible. I removed fanout but it still creaed ffs files. Then I went to workbench Run options and disabled two checkboxes:

After that ffs files are not created. I wonder if it can/should be set on fme server or it is always disabled and fme server doesnt write to ffs in that case?

If you have activated "Run with full inspection" in the FME Workbench, that would definitely explain what you're observing. There should even be a block of blue text (warning) at the very top of your FME log window that explains the effect this option has on your workspace, in particular in regards to performance. As per the docs:

However, this mode affects system resources, and, because all features are recorded and stored, it can also affect disk space. For these reasons, you might not want to run all workspaces in this mode.

When publishing your workspace to FME Server, FME Desktop will automatically disable this option for you in the published workspace. This is because workspace inspection makes no sense on FME Server and it can have a severe impact on performance.