Skip to main content

Hello,

I would like to use a wildcard within a conditonal statement. But I don't know if this is possible.

For example, I have the following records:

MeldingFor object(s) 001, 002 the date dd-mm-yyyy is later than de original date dd-mm-yyyy.

For object(s) 001 the date dd-mm-yyyy is later than de original date dd-mm-yyyy.

For object(s) 002, 004 the date dd-mm-yyyy is later than de original date dd-mm-yyyy.

I would like to use a conditional statement that gives me recors 1 and 3. So in this case it will become:

Instead, I would like to use a wildcard, so that I only need one test clause. Because in my dataset a lot more combinations are possible.

Is it possible to use a wildcard so that the test clause can become like this?

(I know that % doesn't work, but I use it here to give an idea what I would like to accomplish).

Thanks in advance,

Eva

I think the Contains Regex operator is suitable to your requirement.

Regex example:

^For object(s) \d+, \d+ the date 

Perhaps is this one better?

^For object(s) 00\d, 00\d the date

Use the Like operator, which will support % as a wildcard character.

Note:

• Set the Case Sensitivity to what you desire, case sensitive or case insensitive.

Use the Like operator, which will support % as a wildcard character.

Note:

• Set the Case Sensitivity to what you desire, case sensitive or case insensitive.

Thanks @bwn, this is what I needed :-)

Thanks @bwn, this is what I needed :-)

No problems. Note the solution from @takashi will be better for the more general purpose applications of where instead you want to find any combination of 3 digits, whereas the Like solution above fits your specific samples, is simpler to write, but is nonetheless more restrictive.