Skip to main content

Hi,

One of my FME projects is 90% done. The only thing that's stopping me from completing it (and putting it into automation) is the issue that I'm having with excel reader.

FME seems giving me errors sometimes (not always) at the excel reader (Feature Reader) (which reads an excel file from our own Share Point site). It works fine if I go to the SharePoint site by myself before running the script (or poke around the transformers either by parameters button, or containing folders button, etc.), which for me it indicates the problem is about the access to the file/site. But how do I mitigate this problem. Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Are you only having issues when running on FME Server? If so, you need to make sure that the user that FME server is running as has access/permission to access the directory/files that you are able to access.

Are you only having issues when running on FME Server? If so, you need to make sure that the user that FME server is running as has access/permission to access the directory/files that you are able to access.

No, I'm not using FME Server. Just Desktop.

I notice the only place where I could provide credentials are through "Specify URL" but this option is not working for me for some reason:

I found solution myself at the end. I ended up using HTTPCaller to download the file from SharePoint and then utilize with Transformers.