Skip to main content

Hi all!

I've got a point cloud file of an area, and citygml file of this area as well. In the citygml file, I have the roof surface as polygons. Now I am connecting the points in the point cloud with the polygons of the roof surface. I tried several transformers, such as PointOnAreaOverlayer, Interjector, and now SpatialFilter. But as you can see in the below snapshot, the filters are rejected at the first place. I tried to add a BoundingBoxReplacer to my roof surface before the SpatialFilter. But still it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

I think you need the Clipper instead of the SpatialFilter. I assume you want the part of the PointCloud that is inside the roof polygon.

Hi @summercyn1110, the 3DBoundingBoxReplacer replaces the input geometry with a solid (extrusion), and both the SpatialFilter and Clipper won't accept solid features. Why not use the BoundingBoxReplacer instead of the 3DBoundingBoxReplacer?

I think you need the Clipper instead of the SpatialFilter. I assume you want the part of the PointCloud that is inside the roof polygon.

Thanks it finally worked with Clipper. Thank you so much!

Hi @summercyn1110, the 3DBoundingBoxReplacer replaces the input geometry with a solid (extrusion), and both the SpatialFilter and Clipper won't accept solid features. Why not use the BoundingBoxReplacer instead of the 3DBoundingBoxReplacer?

I then used this Clipper and worked it out. And I found out it's because that some of these transformers only work in 2d way instead of 3d... Anyway, many thanks!!