Skip to main content
I have a workspace that uses an XLSX writer and fans out by a given attribute that represents the names of waste collection rounds. The writer uses a template to specify the named range that data should be written to, and replicates that template across the numerous sheets it creates with the fanout.

What I'd like to do is specify the order of the sheets in the workbook so that they sort alphabetically, but as the workspace determines the sheets to be written (based on the round name attribute) I'm not sure how to specify this on the writer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi,

The XLSX writer seems to append new sheets in the order of feature type name (i.e. sheet name) appearance by default, if the sheets don't exist in the destination Book.

How about sorting the features by the sheet name attribute with the Sorter (Alphabetic, Ascending)?

Takashi
Hi Takashi

I thought I'd tried this previously, but your post prompted me to retry, and I found I'd set the order for sorting wrong. You are quite right, it writes the sheets in the order it receives them, so sorting gives me the solution I wanted.

Many thanks for your help.

Riley