Skip to main content

Hi

I am trying to wrote the values of new excel rows to a sharepoint list online but I get the following error

"Microsoft SharePoint List Writer: Client-side error: '405 Client Error: Method Not Allowed for url: https://sharepointsite/_api/contextinfo' returned from SharePoint. Error message was: 'The HTTP method 'GET' cannot be used to access the resource 'GetContextWebInformation'. The operation type of the resource is specified as 'Default'. Please use correct HTTP method to invoke the resource.' "

I read elsewhere that this was resolved previously by an update. Any idea of a work around or anyone else know how I can resolve so I can use as an automation on FME Server?

Hi @jman123,

Just wanted to confirm, what build of FME are you currently using? On FME Desktop, you can check in Help > About FME Workbench.

Additionally , are you only getting this error when you run the job on Server or do you also get this error when you run it in Workbench?

Hi @chrisatsafe, thanks for your response sorry for the delay. I am on FME(R) 2019.0.20

I am running this job on workbench.

I ran it again today and I get a new warning:

Microsoft SharePoint List Writer: SSL certificate verification failed for host 'dovergovuk.sharepoint.com'. HTTPS connections may not be secure. Disabling verification of SSL certificates. Message: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='dovergovuk.sharepoint.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /sites/AllCouncil (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1051)')))

And also this error:

Microsoft SharePoint List Writer: Error authenticating via SAML. Verify that the username and password are correct, and that this is a SharePoint Online instance. Response message was: '200'

Not sure why I get 200 with the error. I also get the error when trying to access the reader version of sharepoint

Thanks