Skip to main content

I'm a newer FME user. I have set up a workflow to read an xlsx file and write out as a csv, however it seems that it only likes reading the first file that i ran it with and does not work with any other file. I've set a user defined parameter to read files contained within a folder. I'm not sure what else i need to configure.

Here are the example files and workflow. I also attached a "batch" fmw file. The "panel to csv" only works for the "2019 Q1-Raw Data.xlsx"

2019 Q1 - Raw Data.xlsx2019 Q2 - Raw Data.xlsxPanel to CSV.fmwBATCH UPLOADER - Panel to CSV.fmw

Hi @lucasghd,

When first adding in the Excel reader, you will want to set the Additional File Setting to "Use Current Settings"

This is assuming that after you set up the columns and data to read in the reader parameter, that the rest of the files have this same schema.

You will then be able to process and read new Excel files with the same schema/data structure.

Hope this helps!

-Andrea

The worksheet names (feature type names) in the two Excel files are different, whereas the FeatureReader is configured to read the feature type called "2019 Q1 - Raw Data". That's the direct reason why the FeatureReader reads only the first worksheet, whose name matches the specified feature type.

If you need to read multiple worksheets with different names (with the same schema), set "Single Output Port" and configure "Attributes to Expose" in the FeatureReader.

Alternatively, in your case, it could be easier to use the regular Excel reader with the Single Merged Feature Type option, rather than the FeatureReader.

Hi @lucasghd,

When first adding in the Excel reader, you will want to set the Additional File Setting to "Use Current Settings"

This is assuming that after you set up the columns and data to read in the reader parameter, that the rest of the files have this same schema.

You will then be able to process and read new Excel files with the same schema/data structure.

Hope this helps!

-Andrea

Thank you Andrea, this worked!

The worksheet names (feature type names) in the two Excel files are different, whereas the FeatureReader is configured to read the feature type called "2019 Q1 - Raw Data". That's the direct reason why the FeatureReader reads only the first worksheet, whose name matches the specified feature type.

If you need to read multiple worksheets with different names (with the same schema), set "Single Output Port" and configure "Attributes to Expose" in the FeatureReader.

Alternatively, in your case, it could be easier to use the regular Excel reader with the Single Merged Feature Type option, rather than the FeatureReader.

thank you Takashi!