Skip to main content
I would like to read and reproject Tiff-File. It is not a Geo-Tiff, the Geo-Informations are in a tfw-File. FME seems to ignore the tfw-File.

How do I tell FME to read the coordinates etc from the tfw-file?

Thanks very much.
This article (with workspace) on how to generate a TFW-file from a GeoTIFF-file will be helpfull. You want to do the opposite, however this will give you the basic. You want to use a Reader (text) on the tfw-file. And also read the TIF-file and then extract the coordinates you want to embedd.

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Creating-World-Files-from-Georeferenced-Rasters

hi

FME reads the tfw ... however it does only contain coords, no projection information. If you want to reproject in this case, you have to define source and target projection manually. That should do it.

regards

flavio
Hi Flavio, Hi Sig Till

Many thanks for your help.

My project works now.

regards

HuP

here are some samples about how to read tiff files vb.net.   i am curious the coordinates i want to embedd too.
Hi, hup.

I have never tried FME to read the coordinates etc from the tfw-file. But I am learning about how to create Tiff viewers with the help of some manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors to help view and read tiff files these days. You can also google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron