Skip to main content

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a way to read multiple layers from an ArcGIS Open Data Site but in a single reader?

I need to process many layers from a single ArcGIS Open Data Site and I can do this with individual readers for each layer URL but to make it cleaner I was hoping a single reader could be used to get all the layers I need.

Hi @potterman81

Just an idea, if you have a list of the URLs you want to access, you can read the list with the appropriate reader (csv or txt etc), and pass this list to a FeatureReader or HTTPCaller, where you can supply the URLs using the attribute of the csv or txt file. This will allow you to read all the URLs with one transformer. Would that work for you?

Hi @potterman81

Just an idea, if you have a list of the URLs you want to access, you can read the list with the appropriate reader (csv or txt etc), and pass this list to a FeatureReader or HTTPCaller, where you can supply the URLs using the attribute of the csv or txt file. This will allow you to read all the URLs with one transformer. Would that work for you?

@potterman81 I would read in the data json, filtering out specific layers you want, then use a feature reader to read in the webService URL parameter from the json file like what Xiaomeng suggested above.

Thanks for your input @xiaomengatsafe and @runneals. These suggestion both work great. However, I found that using the "Esri ArcGIS Server Feature Service" reader format allowed me access the services feeding the Open Data Site and also allowed me to easily pick and choose which data I wanted. This is the most affective solution in my situation. Thanks for your suggestions.