Skip to main content

I have a text file that contains an AutoCAD pathname on each line, e.g.,

D:\\project4033\\dwg\\p1234.dwg

D:\\project515\\dwg\\p642.dwg

X:\\dwg\\a556.dwg

How can I set up a Reader to process each file (the output format will be Adobe GeospatialPDF)? I see answers like a "TextFileReader", but on my 2020.1 system there is no such transformer.

hi @rudystricklan1, there is a Text File Reader which you should be able to use? It reads your text file and makes a separate feature of each line of text, so for your example:

you can use these features to feed a feature reader which reads your dwg's:

Set to 'single output ports' at the bottom and you could use a FileExistenceChecker between both readers to make sure every dwg-file (line in your txt-file) actually exists

Hope this helps

hi @rudystricklan1, there is a Text File Reader which you should be able to use? It reads your text file and makes a separate feature of each line of text, so for your example:

you can use these features to feed a feature reader which reads your dwg's:

Set to 'single output ports' at the bottom and you could use a FileExistenceChecker between both readers to make sure every dwg-file (line in your txt-file) actually exists

Hope this helps

@becchr, this answers my question completely. My FME background is... a little light and it shows 🙂. Thank you very much for the detailed answer-- I marked it as accepted.

Best regards,

Rudy Stricklan