Skip to main content
Question

PostGIS writer multipolygon issue

• 21 January 2013
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have an existing multipolygon PostGIS table. The entry in the geometry_columns is multipolygon and there are constraints on the table (2d, multipolygon and SRS).

1. When trying to write some features from a shapefile reader, only the single part polygons are written to the table. The multipart polygons get following warning:

Geometry might not be representable in requested form

The allowed geometries parameter in the writer is set to "postgis_multipolygon".

2. In QGIS I can open the table and view the single part polygons that are written to the table, but the geometry column of the features is empty.

Found some similar topics in the FME talk but these are not really solving my problem.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Rob

Hi Rob,

This might be a support issue.  Would you mind logging this with some sample data, versions involved for the PostGIS and FME.  If you have a table create (with constraints) script we could investigate futher.   Submit at fme.ly/support.

Thanks.

Steve

Ok, support issue submitted.

Rob
Hi Rob,

I'll get back to you in support but I think the constraint is saying "only multi-polygons" so regular polygons aren't going in.
That is a bit strange as only the singlepart is going in and the actual multipart polygons not.