Skip to main content

Hello!

I have a newly installed PostgreSQL database with a PostGIS extension enabled. Because of licencing consideration we want to migrate our oracle database to this database.

We are using database side bussiness logic in our views, so i want to write directly to the views without success.

• We have Postgresql 12 AND postgresql 16 for compatibility testing
  • Every version of FME from 2018-2023 (mainly using 2018 because we have too many scripts to migrate all)

I have tried most of the version combination with the same error every time. This is what im trying:

1. Created the table definition with FME
  2. Based on the created definition created a simple view but the workbench keep dropping this error:
    1. Invalid PostGIS metadata detected for table 'public.generated_np_node_view'. Attempting to correct and continue
    2. POSTGIS Writer: Table 'public.generated_np_node_view' does not exist.

The inserting with pgadmin or geoserver works fine, the inserting to directly to the table works fine but thats not are we want. I can insert using the PostgreSQL writer but thats not writing spatial data.

Only the PostGIS writer not working.

Im attaching an example workspace my table declaration and a log file. (in the log file i only run the writed in debug mode)

Tried this topic but didn't worked out.

I hope i wrote clearly, in the last 6 years with FME, this is the first time if a need to ask.

Thank you in advance for your help:

Tamás

hi @takacstamas​ thanks for your question! I'm personally not quite sure what is going on, and why the PostGIS writer is not working for you. If you could also provide your workspace I'll take a look. I cannot reproduce your issue in any version of FME that I have. however, If this is an urgent matter for you then I would suggest creating a support case with us 🙂

Hy @Evie Lapalme​!

After im posted here i created a support case. When we solve the issue i will write a comment here with the solution.