Skip to main content

I need to convert a large set of ESRI personal gdb (mdb) to file gdb. I can transform all feature dataset except some. I attach a sample with a feature dataset of this kind. My source personal gdb is data.mdb and DATA.XML is a workspace template exported from ArcMap 10.2 Desktop. I get and ArcObjects error number -2147216894.

Is there a way to rewrite the grid size definition used in the template file? It seems that ArcMap always includes a gridsize tag in XML.

Thanks in advance.

I saw this same error today using ArcGIS 10.5.1 when I attempted to make use of an XML template file (data and schema) that was created by ArcGIS 10.2.2. It maybe something that has been resolved in future releases of ArcGIS > 10.2.

I'll have to run a test and determine if I can avoid this error by using ArcGIS 10.5 to create the template file and the try the same conversion.

I saw this same error today using ArcGIS 10.5.1 when I attempted to make use of an XML template file (data and schema) that was created by ArcGIS 10.2.2. It maybe something that has been resolved in future releases of ArcGIS > 10.2.

I'll have to run a test and determine if I can avoid this error by using ArcGIS 10.5 to create the template file and the try the same conversion.

If you export the personal gdb from ArcGIS 10.2 (data + schema) as xml and import it later (using ArcGIS 10.2 again) in an empty file gdb everything works fine. If you use the same exported xml as file gdb template in FME, an error ocurrs (grid size problem) when you try to transform the data from the personal gdb.

You can fix it manually changing the <GridSize0></GridSize0> to a higher value. But I think that it isn´t a good solution for a large set of pgdb. I was suprised by the fact that if you export to xml the fgdb created at the beginning (from the pgdb), the <GridSize0></GridSize0> is exactly the same.

I saw this same error today using ArcGIS 10.5.1 when I attempted to make use of an XML template file (data and schema) that was created by ArcGIS 10.2.2.  It maybe something that has been resolved in future releases of ArcGIS > 10.2.  

I'll have to run a test and determine if I can avoid this error by using ArcGIS 10.5 to create the template file and the try the same conversion.

I've reproduced this error in FME 2015.1 with ArcGIS 10.2.2.  

The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147216894'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The spatial index grid size is invalid. 1C07_Conducciones_LS]}

What is odd is odd is I can't even import all features from the MDB file you provided in FME 2017.1. Further investigation looks to be required.  I will file a problem report and update you when we know more.  Maybe we can identify a workaround.

The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147216894'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The spatial index grid size is invalid. nC07_Conducciones_LS]}

What is odd is odd is I can't even import all features from the MDB file you provided in FME 2017.1. Further investigation looks to be required.  I will file a problem report and update you when we know more.  Maybe we can identify a workaround.

Ok, thank you. I´ll be waiting.

The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147216894'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The spatial index grid size is invalid. nC07_Conducciones_LS]}

A workaround that helped me was replacing all <GridSize0>value</GridSize0> for <GridSize0>0<GridSize0> in the xml template used for the file geodatabase. It seems that ArcGIS automatically adjust the grid size if its initial value is zero. I generated my custom xml template using regular expressions substitutions.