Skip to main content
Solved

Performing bulk Portal feature service updates using FME

• 22 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I need help performing bulk feature service updates using FME.

I would like to do what this blog post is doing, under the section "Updating AND Deleting Database Records with FME" but I can't recreate the steps with a feature service in Portal since there is no Row Selection option in these writers. The blog has steps to write to another geodatabase.

Essentially, I need to update floorplans data by deleting the old version of the floor plan in the feature service and replacing it with the new floorplan data.

The updated floorplans data exist in a geodatabase and it is used to update a feature service in Portal via ArcGIS Pro.

Right now, I manually select all the floors that match the LevelID (unique ID we use for each floor in a building) in the update layers.

Then, I delete all the features that match and insert the new features into the feature service, using the field mapper to populate necessary attributes.

Any advice or help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 reply

Badge +4

This document implies that OBJECTID will be used as the unique identifier for row selection:

https://support.safe.com/hc/en-us/articles/25407537570957-How-do-I-write-updates-to-an-existing-ArcGIS-Online-feature-service