Skip to main content

Hello,

I’m getting
an error that I don’t know how to handle.

Working
with dates in Oracle writer, it seems that something wrong happens that convert
in NULL the date provided. The date field (CREATEDTIME) is non nullable, so the
workflow ends with the following error:

error was `ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("CAD_OWNER"."MAPPIN"."CREATEDTIME")'

The field is of type “TIMESTAMP(0) WITH TIME ZONE”. So,
using sqlExecutor, it accepts value like

'05-SEP-18 11:00:00.25 AM' and ends properly inserting
the record.

I tried to do the same, placing an attribute with the
same format in the Oracle writer without success. Also other dateFormatter
seems not to obtain good results. I only need to insert a DateTimeNow().

Where I’m wrong?

Thanks!

Roberto

Try sending the date into the writer formatted as an FME datetime

I guess it's the same issue as this Q&A;: Problems to write field date in Postgis Database

I guess it's the same issue as this Q&A;: Problems to write field date in Postgis Database

And the same as @egomm's suggestion.

Hi,

Thanks for the immediate answers.

Unfortunately this doesn't solve. I will continue with formatting.

In the meantime, waiting to solve, I will use sqlExecutor.

In your experience, which is the impact in terms of performances, writing/updating/deleting approx 3000 records every 3 minutes?

Is the writer faster (I think so) than multiple SqlExecutors?

Sorry for the question based on my reduced know-how on the product.

Thanks

Regards

Roberto

Thanks for the immediate answers.

Unfortunately this doesn't solve. I will continue with formatting.

In the meantime, waiting to solve, I will use sqlExecutor.

In your experience, which is the impact in terms of performances, writing/updating/deleting approx 3000 records every 3 minutes?

Is the writer faster (I think so) than multiple SqlExecutors?

Sorry for the question based on my reduced know-how on the product.

Thank

Regards

Roberto

You could also solve this on the Oracle side, by creating a trigger on the table:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER trigger_name

BEFORE INSERT
ON table_name

FOR EACH ROW

BEGIN

IF ::NEW.CREATEDTIME IS NUll Then

::NEW.CREATEDTIME := Sysdate;

END IF;

END;

You could also solve this on the Oracle side, by creating a trigger on the table:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER trigger_name

BEFORE INSERT
ON table_name

FOR EACH ROW

BEGIN

IF ::NEW.CREATEDTIME IS NUll Then

::NEW.CREATEDTIME := Sysdate;

END IF;

END;

Erik,

I agree and I've done like this. Default value in the created time (sysdate) and trigger for modification. It solves my problem. Thanks.

I tried to reproduce issues... But couldn't with what I know so far.  What version of FME are you using?

Here's what my attempt looked lie: 

I created a table in Oracle:

CREATE TABLE SM_TEST_DATE2  (   ID1 NUMBER  , MYCOMMENT VARCHAR2(50)  , MYDATE TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE );

Then I imported the feature type into FME 2018.1.  From there I created a simple workspace and added the DateTimeStamper and set the UTC Offset to yes. This created a record in the table.  

However, if I didn't set the "UTC Offset" to "Yes" I got this error in 2018.1:

20180910151849.323846' is not an FME datetime. YYYYMMDD, HHMMSSt.X+](+/-)zz] or YYYYMMDDHHMMSS>.X+]e(+/-)zz] expected. Use a DateFormatter transformer to adjust the format of datetime strings.

In this image, you can see the error in the translation log.  Note that the transformer parameters in this image are correct and will create a valid timestamp for data type "TIMESTAMP with TIME ZONE" in FME 2018.1.

0684Q00000ArLX9QAN.png

Also, I did notice that if the UTC Offset was No, a record was still created in the table but the Date attribute (MYDATE) was NULL.  This matches what you are reporting.

Hope this helps.  

I tried to reproduce issues... But couldn't with what I know so far.  What version of FME are you using?

Here's what my attempt looked lie: 

I created a table in Oracle:

CREATE TABLE SM_TEST_DATE2  (   ID1 NUMBER  , MYCOMMENT VARCHAR2(50)  , MYDATE TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE );

Then I imported the feature type into FME 2018.1.  From there I created a simple workspace and added the DateTimeStamper and set the UTC Offset to yes. This created a record in the table.  

However, if I didn't set the "UTC Offset" to "Yes" I got this error in 2018.1:

20180910151849.323846' is not an FME datetime. YYYYMMDD, HHMMSSt.X+](+/-)zz] or YYYYMMDDHHMMSS>.X+]e(+/-)zz] expected. Use a DateFormatter transformer to adjust the format of datetime strings.

In this image, you can see the error in the translation log.  Note that the transformer parameters in this image are correct and will create a valid timestamp for data type "TIMESTAMP with TIME ZONE" in FME 2018.1.

0684Q00000ArLX9QAN.png

Also, I did notice that if the UTC Offset was No, a record was still created in the table but the Date attribute (MYDATE) was NULL.  This matches what you are reporting.

Hope this helps.  

Steve,

thanks for your suggestion. I confirm that your hint solved the problem!

Best regards

Roberto