Skip to main content

Hello,

I generate a data pool from various data sources with identical attributes, which I filter and sort using various criteria. From these results I create several lists (Top50), which I output in an Excel table with the XLS writer. In principle, this works well, but I would like to insert a blank line between the output lists or output the lists from a certain line in the Excel sheet.
I tried to integrate this blank line into the list using a new entry, but only managed to do this using the Python caller, which I wanted to avoid. If the list did not contain 50 elements, I did not manage to output the second list in a specific line again.
My question now is, how can I start the output of the N.th list on the 55th line (without using the Pythoncaller. Furthermore, I have not found a way to output a list in the 55th row in column K. Is there a possibility for this in FME?

Thank you very much

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Hello @alfons 

There are several ways you can tell the Excel writer to write features starting at a particular column and row.

First, you can use the Use Attribute Names as Column Positions, Row Number Attribute, and Output Field Names parameters in the Excel writer feature type (option 1).

Alternatively, you can use the Start Column and Start Row parameters in the Excel writer feature type (option 2).

The third option would be to use an Excel template file with a named range defined to start at column K and row 55.

I have attached an example workspace containing these approaches, and I hope it helps.