Skip to main content

Hello again.

I'm using several translations involving HTTPCallers and other transformers -- all of which work successfully with FeatureWriters saving to ESRI Geodatabase (File Geodb Open API) feature classes. 

I'm running into a problem saving to ESRI Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb), however, where the translation never completes, and the log ends with the following:

Successfully imported schema

ImportError: No module named site

This seems to be Python-related from what I have found, even though I do not use the PythonCaller or anything Python-related in my workspace. I can't seem to find a similar problem to mine.

Yesterday I installed Python 3.6, which I assumed may be causing this. So I uninstalled it and made sure Python 2.7 was still present (it is). The Python interpreter preferences in FME still point to Python 2.7. I tried changing those to 3.6 to match the version I had previously installed, which did not help.

I had complete success with one translation, but all others have the same symptoms described above. Under Table Creation Parameters, I've specified the Feature Dataset I'd like this to write to, but that fails as well and a blank Feature Class is written within the SDE GDB instead. I'm also using an XML template in the writers, but I've already tested not using it and it does not help.

This happens with FeatureWriter and regular Writers. The General parameters are:

Feature Operation: Insert

Table Handling: Create If Needed

Not sure what's causing these inconsistent results.

Thanks.

FME 2018.0.1

Windows 2012 R2

Hi @ronaldmcoker

This error has been previously reported to occur when there is a mismatch between the version of ArcGIS Desktop installed on the machine running FME and the ArcSDE database. Would you be able to check if this is the case?

Hi @ronaldmcoker

This error has been previously reported to occur when there is a mismatch between the version of ArcGIS Desktop installed on the machine running FME and the ArcSDE database. Would you be able to check if this is the case?

Hi Debbi,

Thanks for the response. I should be able to get you this information soon.

Translation FAILED with 44 error(s) and 0 warning(s) (613089 feature(s) output)

Stored 1 feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\Users\FME_Serv\FME_Workbench\DrillingInfo_DAAPI_Translations\silverbow_landtrac_leases__log.ffs'

FME Session Duration: 4 hours 31 minutes 34.5 seconds. (CPU: 2643.7s user, 1077.6s system)

END - ProcessID: 2396, peak process memory usage: 1916040 kB, current process memory usage: 202088 kB

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File "c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.5\arcpy\arcpy\__init__.py", line 20, in <module>

import numpy

ImportError: No module named numpy
<br>

@DebbiAtSafe,

Looks to be Python-related. The ArcSDE database location is server-only, so no version of ArcGIS is installed there.

Translation FAILED with 44 error(s) and 0 warning(s) (613089 feature(s) output)

Stored 1 feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\Users\FME_Serv\FME_Workbench\DrillingInfo_DAAPI_Translations\silverbow_landtrac_leases__log.ffs'

FME Session Duration: 4 hours 31 minutes 34.5 seconds. (CPU: 2643.7s user, 1077.6s system)

END - ProcessID: 2396, peak process memory usage: 1916040 kB, current process memory usage: 202088 kB

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File "c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.5\arcpy\arcpy\__init__.py", line 20, in <module>

import numpy

ImportError: No module named numpy
<br>
Would you be able to try setting the workspace Python Compatibility parameter as Esri ArcGIS Desktop (Python 2.7)? You can find this parameter in the Navigator pane under Workspace Parameters > Scripting.  In addition, would you be able to provide a complete log file?

changing the Workspace Scripting Parameter from «Phython 2.7» to «Esri ArcGIS Desktop (Python 2.7)» worked for me. No Errors any more.