Skip to main content

I am using Civil3D to model a wastewater pipe system using the CRS EPSG:3380. Then, I converted it to IFC using the IFCInfraexport command. During this export process, I noticed that an IFC Project Base Point was created.

I then imported it into FME, using the Reader (IFC) and Writer (Shapefile), also with CRS EPSG:3380. After opening the resulting file in QGIS (also using CRS EPSG:3380), the objects are not in their correct positions.

I suspect this may be related to the IFC Project Base Point. Can anyone help me understand this situation and how to correct it? Is there a transformer that can modify the IFC Project Base Point?

Hi @abdullah83​,

The IFCInfraExport command seems to adjust the output IFC coordinates to center on the base point, then stores the basepoint as an IfcAnnotation feature with the real world location as Easting and Northing properties.

I am attaching a workspace illustrating how to extract the Easting and Northing from the base point and use it to offset the rest of the features into their proper location for the coordinate system.

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 4.15.12 PM

Hi @abdullah83​,

The IFCInfraExport command seems to adjust the output IFC coordinates to center on the base point, then stores the basepoint as an IfcAnnotation feature with the real world location as Easting and Northing properties.

I am attaching a workspace illustrating how to extract the Easting and Northing from the base point and use it to offset the rest of the features into their proper location for the coordinate system.

wow tqvm sir.. i will try this..

Hi @abdullah83​,

Please assist, sir @daveatsafe​ . I am unable to run the workspace because there is a warning that the AttributedExposer (version 2) is not installed. I have checked, and I found that the transformer is there, but I do not know what version it is, or where to check for the version. Additionally, for your information, I am using FME Workbench 2023expohilang

Please assist, sir @daveatsafe​ . I am unable to run the workspace because there is a warning that the AttributedExposer (version 2) is not installed. I have checked, and I found that the transformer is there, but I do not know what version it is, or where to check for the version. Additionally, for your information, I am using FME Workbench 2023expohilang

I have backported the workspace from 2023.1 to 2023.0.

Tqvm its 100% work for me...