Skip to main content

I have an Excel Spreadsheet and in one of the sheets there are about 10 tables, they all have the same column names and all appear in the same column, e.g. Description will appear in Column A for all 10 tables etc.

Rows are not predictable, these are based on how much data is displayed.

Rather than creating a named range in Excel, is there an easier way within FME to do this, maybe combining all 10 tables into one large table?

Also if in future there were to be 15 tables within one spreadsheet, could this be incorporated to make it future proof?

Can the description in the column A be considered as each table name?

Can the description in the column A be considered as each table name?

Thanks for replying @takashi, I suppose it could be a table name, there is a general description of what details the table has and all 10 tables have the same column names, each table has 8 columns

If you can consider the value of column A as table name, you can use it as the destination table name in the writer feature type by configuring Feature Type Fanout.

See here to learn more: Setting Feature Type Fanout

Attached is an example of a spreadsheet with two tables in the worksheet, how can I classify two tables in FME, instead of using two separate readers and specifying the start and end row?

Safe_Table_Example.xlsx