Skip to main content
Hi

I have a huge set of Las files and I just want to pick out one or more of the files and cut out a pre-defined area. The area will be defined by the user, a published parameter. I do area on area overlay, the customer defined area over a square grid to catch one or more id numbers. Know I drop the geometry and just use the attribute in this part of the workbench. Couse I figured it would take longer time to do a spatial intersection in the next part of the workbench.

I use the feature reader transformer and specify the feature type to read to the attribute above (Id number).  I have defined the directory and dataset is set to *.las. I’m having problems though when I run the work bench it doesn’t fetch the Las files. The attribute is defined as 70875_7620 so I tried 70875_7620.las and no deferens.  

THe transformer runs when I use the spatial intersection mode that’s way I figured out it  must be the attribute.

Any Ideas? 

Tofia

:)

Hi,

I suspect it has to do with the fact that it is a parameter, which is not known when executing.

Itay
Thank you for the fast answer!

The Id number for the grid is just un attribute and it´s selectable in FeatureReader transformer am not shore thought how the feature type attribute string itself should be written I could use the concatenater and write the hole address but that seems wrong.

My settings:

Dataset: "K: \\Sofia\\NNH\\Test_las\\*.las"

Attribute: ID_number (example 70875_7620)

Select all features (no spatial test applied)

Keep result attributes and geometry only.

Tofia

In that case have you tried specifying the attribute in the "Query the feature types specified in the attribute below" ?

Itay
Yes that’s where the attribute ID_number is specified

I figured this attribute should exchange   *   in *.las or is equivalent to FME_basename.

So each row calls for a file.

Tofia

Using a binarygrid i do following.

-With the area of interest i select the index required wich in my case is BLADNR. (in your case this yields the ID_number(s)).

-I do a dynamic feature reader on the binary grid (in my case i.e.

"H:\\My Documents\\AHN2\\ahn2_05_ruw\\geogegevens\\raster\\30f\\**\\**")

On this i expose fme_basename.

then a featuremerger on (in my case)

requestor:  fme_basename and suplier: BLADNR

your case would be requestor: fme_basename and suplier: ID_number.

You dont need a parameter, just a dynamic feature reader.
Wonderful Gio :)

Now I have a working workbench!

Thank you!

Tofia