Skip to main content

Hey, I am dealing with a data migration from File Geodatabase to Microstation DGN right now. I am wondering whether it is possible to set the value for the attribute igds_model_name in the DGN Feature Writer. The only accesible attribute is igds_xref_model_name. But I need igds_model_name, because right now all written features get the value Default, which is wrong.

The values I want to write are RB, GEM and DIG. They are currently saved in an attribute in a File GGeodatabase.

The models need to be present in the seed file to write to them (I think that's right, just getting to grips with dgns myself)

The models need to be present in the seed file to write to them (I think that's right, just getting to grips with dgns myself)

Hey egomm, I guess they are already present. But how do I set that a feature has to grab a model? For color, style, weight etc. it is for example possible to get the values by level.

There are two attributes igds_model_name and igds_model_id which define which model to write features to in the dgn. If the model isn't already present in the seed file though, this writes to the default model

You'll see a warning message in the log, if this is the case

Failed to find model with name 'Model View' in seed file. Writing related features to the default model

Alright, I got it. I guess, the models that we need are not present in the seed file. Thanks!