Skip to main content

Hi,

I want to read google sheets with FME, in order to update AGOL feature service.

On my Google drive, I have a folder "HEBERGEMENTS", with 9 spreadsheets.

In FME, I defined a Google Drive Connection, and I use the GoogleDriveConnector. I can access to the folder HEBERGEMENTS, but when I run the connector, it reads nothing...

imageIs there a option to see files ?

I don't understand...

Because the goal of that is to run my workspace with a batch.

Thank you very much for your help !

Christine

There's no need to use a GoogleDriveConnector, there's a Google Sheets reader.

Hi,

Yes I know... But when I run the workbench with a batch, it doesn't work. So, I think it's possible with the GoogleDriveConnector.

Anyone has an idea ?

Hi,

Yes I know... But when I run the workbench with a batch, it doesn't work. So, I think it's possible with the GoogleDriveConnector.

Anyone has an idea ?

I think the Google Sheets reader should work. Does it give you any error messages?

@christine1215​ Hi there, thanks for your question. Just to add to the conversation a little bit, I've done some testing on this one and have seen that the GoogleDriveConnector does not recognize files that were created from within Drive when the Download action is selected as the value for the Google Drive Action parameter. The transformer will see Drive-created files when another action (like List) is selected. Files that were created outside of Drive and then uploaded can be seen when the Download action is selected as well.

If the sheets you are trying to download were created in Drive as Google Sheets, this would help explain the issue you are seeing with the transformer. This transformer seems to need a conventional file extension in order to recognize files for download. Google Sheets documents, or any other Drive-created documents, do not have these conventional file extensions. If you're able to export your Sheets as .xlsx documents, and then upload these .xlsx to your Drive location, you should be able to see these in the GoogleDriveConnector when the Download option is selected. You should also be able to edit these uploaded .xlsx documents in Drive, save them in Drive, and still see them as options for download in the GoogleDriveConnector.

I apologize if this isn't an ideal solution for you; the Google Sheets reader may be a better solution if it will work when run in batch. Seeing the log file of your Google Sheets batch run attempt could help troubleshoot it.

Thanks for your responses !

I managed to run my workbench with Google Sheets readers. In fact, I had made a mistake in the command line, and it didn't work . So it's ok now.

Thank you !

@christine1215​ Excellent, glad to hear it! Don't hesitate to reach out to the Community again if you run into any more challenges with your FME workspaces.