Skip to main content

I have been reading the 2018 Desktop Basic documentation. When introducing the Integration Transformers there is an example of workbench shown below :

From the situation, I suppose the Dropbox contains only images with specific names. These names have to be contained in the ImageFile attribute of Parks.

I am wondering about the set up of the connector which allows the join of the right feature with the right ParkImage. I believe a Download action from the connector might have been done and that the destination probably was set to Attribute, but I don't seem to make it work on my own.

Hi @nademmy,

The GoogleDriveConnector and DropboxConnector expect slightly different inputs in order to retrieve the file(s).

Main Difference:

• For the DropboxConnector, the Download from Path attribute expects a relative path to the file, such as:
/sample/alabama.png

0684Q00000ArLIaQAN.png

16vqrhPtSIQwB5ytut082W6XRqgBBjrf2

0684Q00000ArLP6QAN.png

So... since the Object ID is unique to Google, you will need to use 2 GoogleDriveConnectors. The first GoogleDriveConnector is used with the List Google Drive Action to obtain the file ID along with some other attributes (filename, etc.). Next, join the file ID the list to your existing dataset using a common field (in the provided .fmwt, I used the filename minus the file extension to join on the NAME attribute). Once joined, add a second GoogleDriveConnector and set the ObjectID to the _id attribute value.

It takes a little more work to get the File ID compared to Dropbox. With Dropbox, you could simply build the path using attribute values, such as:

/sample/@Value(NAME).png

Hope this helps!

GoogleDriveConnector_Example.fmwt