Skip to main content

Hi, I'm looking for a way to automatically generate URLs for each feature in an ArcGIS Online feature service and add it as an attribute. If possible I also need the URL to zoom into the specific feature instead of opening the entire layer view. The URL will then be attached to an email body to allow the necessary people to view what feature is requiring repair. Has anyone been able to do something similar to this or have any ideas of how I can accomplish this task? Thanks!

Update: I figured out how to do it! The features I wanted to view were points in an ArcGIS online webmap. I managed to get the URL to zoom into a specific point by setting the view extent using minimum and maximum longitude and latitude values. I got these values for each point by using the Bufferer transformer to create a square buffer around each point with a 10m distance and then using the Bounds Extractor Transformer to retrieve the Xmin, Ymin, Xmax, Ymax coordinates. I just then added an attribute field called Feature URLs and set value with the URL for the full webmap and then added &extent=@value(_xmin),@value(_ymin),@value(_xmax),@value(_ymax) to the end. Voila, the output is a URL for each specific feature! It may not be the best solution, but worked pretty well, in case anyone has this issue in the future 🙂 Screenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).png

Update: I figured out how to do it! The features I wanted to view were points in an ArcGIS online webmap. I managed to get the URL to zoom into a specific point by setting the view extent using minimum and maximum longitude and latitude values. I got these values for each point by using the Bufferer transformer to create a square buffer around each point with a 10m distance and then using the Bounds Extractor Transformer to retrieve the Xmin, Ymin, Xmax, Ymax coordinates. I just then added an attribute field called Feature URLs and set value with the URL for the full webmap and then added &extent=@value(_xmin),@value(_ymin),@value(_xmax),@value(_ymax) to the end. Voila, the output is a URL for each specific feature! It may not be the best solution, but worked pretty well, in case anyone has this issue in the future 🙂 Screenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).png

Great to hear that you were able to solve this!

Thanks for sharing your solution!