Skip to main content

Hello

I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me in resolving the below issue as soon as.

My AD account shifted to a different OU yesterday and as a result the canonical object name has changed. I can no longer login however the scheduled jobs are still running. I must investigate 2 failed jobs but can't do so anymore.

I came across the following: https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/75118/fme-server-active-directory-away-from-distinguishe.html and wonder if that could be related. Sync AD did not work. Checked logs and nothing obvious found.

I've moved my AD user account back to the original OU and I can now login but my user account must be shifted back to the new OU.

I think what I'll need to do now is to re-assign the jobs to a different "owner" to avoid the above issue.

The new "owner" will be a ServiceAccount type.

Questions:

Is there a way to manually amend DN / CN Names?

How to re-assign all jobs to a new "Owner"?

I'm planning on upgrading FME Server / Desktop to 2020 this week or the next but must first go through change management. Will FME Server 2020 solve the problem?

Is "Single Sign-On" still problematic in FME 2020?

Thanks

Sameer

Single Sign-On is actually super easy in FME 2020 using OAuth authentication.

As for your problem, I would suggest restoring a backup of your FME workbenches on a fresh installation.

If you do not have a backup, you can take a look at this upgrade guide to see which configuration files are important to copy in an upgrade.

@bozewolf Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.

Ok. Change of ownership can be done: Security / Items then Change Owner.

I think once done I can upgrade and fix the user account issue as well.

Single Sign-On is actually super easy in FME 2020 using OAuth authentication.

As for your problem, I would suggest restoring a backup of your FME workbenches on a fresh installation.

If you do not have a backup, you can take a look at this upgrade guide to see which configuration files are important to copy in an upgrade.

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. I've proceeded with the upgrade from 2019 to 2020.

Usual process followed as I've done it before.

Restored the backup config with "Overwrite.." option ticked using the service account.

Back in business

Thanks

Sameer