Skip to main content

Hi -

I’m attempting to identify the schema of 33 shapefiles. The goal is to transform all the shapefiles from one schema to a standardized schema in a single workflow. My thought is to first identify all the attributes of the raw data then create a look-up table. To do this, I started by running a query on my source folder using the PATH reader to identify all the shapefiles in the folder. Next, I was going to use the FeatureReader transformer with the Format set to ESRI Shapefile using the file path attribute (path_windows) from the PATH reader as the dataset to read. I was then going to use the ListExploder to expose the attributes from the <Schema> output port. However, the schema output port is skipping 4 of the shapefiles. The schema output port = 29 ; initiator output port = 33. I’m not sure why it’s doing this. The file path is different for all the shapefiles. Any help to get all 33 shapefiles to go through the <Schema> output would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Hi @creinier 

If possible, would you be able to share a workspace template with feature caching enabled so that we can take a closer look. 

Crystal 

try changing the format in the feature reader to “Schema any format”. all the schemas then should come out the generic port so you have you master list o do your schema mapping.