Skip to main content

I am writing to a feature class in a geodatabase. My workspace is going to run everyday. Most of the feature classes should be overwritten. However, in one particular feature class, it is not overwriting, but appending. What can I do?

I am using FME 2016.

Hi @kevwin, I think you can control whether each feature class (table) should be overwritten or not with the 'Drop Table' parameter in the writer feature type properties.

First, look at writer parameters in the Navigator window, make sure that the 'Overwrite Existing Geodatabase' is set to 'NO' and the 'Writer Mode' is set to 'INSERT', then

• set 'NO' to the 'Drop Table' for the feature class that should NOT be overwritten,
  • set 'YES' for other feature classes that should be overwritten.

Hi @kevwin, I think you can control whether each feature class (table) should be overwritten or not with the 'Drop Table' parameter in the writer feature type properties.

First, look at writer parameters in the Navigator window, make sure that the 'Overwrite Existing Geodatabase' is set to 'NO' and the 'Writer Mode' is set to 'INSERT', then

• set 'NO' to the 'Drop Table' for the feature class that should NOT be overwritten,
  • set 'YES' for other feature classes that should be overwritten.

Thanks for your help