Skip to main content

Using FME Desktop 2020, I'm writing to ArcGIS Portal (10.7) using the 'Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service'. This works successfully and the user attributes (field headers) are 'Full Title Case'.

However my issue is when I use the reader 'Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service', it read back the feature, however all the user attributes are all 'lowercase'.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

The same issue does not appear when using the 'Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Feature Service'.

Hi @fme_forever

This is expected behaviour. As mentioned in here and here, field names will be auto-converted to lowercase by the Portal when publishing to Portal with an ArcGIS Data Store Hosting Server.

If you inspect the service URL of the layer, you should see the actual field names are lowercase and the original field name is contained in the alias.

I hope this information helps.

Hi @fme_forever

This is expected behaviour. As mentioned in here and here, field names will be auto-converted to lowercase by the Portal when publishing to Portal with an ArcGIS Data Store Hosting Server.

If you inspect the service URL of the layer, you should see the actual field names are lowercase and the original field name is contained in the alias.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you @debbiatsafe and I can see it's been reported as a bug: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA5OTgyOQ==