Skip to main content

Hi,

It seems to me that there's a bug in the ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Writer when one attempts to write features to an existing layer. I'm using FME 2017.1 (x64).

The writer has Mode = INSERT and Truncate First = Yes.

If I delete the layer in AGOL prior to running the workspace, it works. If I don't, I get this Python error:

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Writing features for layer/table 'KommunerMedOverlap', with 57 inserts, 0 updates, and 0 deletes
Python Exception <UnicodeDecodeError>: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf8 in position 2: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "fmeutil.py", line 653, in wrapper
File "arcgisonlinefeaturesWriter.py", line 152, in close
File "arcgisonlinefeaturesWriterPaths.py", line 785, in close
File "arcgisonlinefeaturesWriterPaths.py", line 885, in _applyEditsOnLayer
File "C:\Program Files\FME 2017\fmepython27\lib\json\__init__.py", line 250, in dumps
    sort_keys=sort_keys, **kw).encode(obj)
File "C:\Program Files\FME 2017\fmepython27\lib\json\encoder.py", line 210, in encode
    return ''.join(chunks)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf8 in position 2: ordinal not in range(128)
BADNEWS: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details (dynawch.cpp:136)
A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
(writer.cpp:429) - (writrimp.cpp:514) - (dynawch.cpp:136)
BADNEWS: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details (multiwch.cpp:1049)
(stftrans.cpp:293) - (simptran.cpp:838) - (stftrans.cpp:323) - (writer.cpp:429) - (writrimp.cpp:514) - (multiwch.cpp:1049)

Please advise.

Ah, found a work around. Changed the Python from 2.7 to 3.4+ in the workspace, and it seems to be working :-)